THE E. POWER BIGGS FELLOWSHIP of the Organ Historical Society is awarded to outstanding applicants with a developing interest in the American pipe organ. The intent of the Fellowship is to introduce people to the historic pipe organ through conventions of the Organ Historical Society.
- The Scholarship is for persons who have never been accepted as a Biggs Scholar before.
- Biggs Scholars must arrive in time for the opening events and stay through the closing events of the convention. Biggs Scholars are expected to participate in all scheduled activities and to attend special sessions during the convention. Failure to attend the entire convention will result in a reduction of the reimbursement available for the scholarship.
- All Biggs Scholars will share a hotel room with another Biggs Scholar.
- Application for a Biggs Scholarship and three letters of recommendation are to be submitted online. Letters of recommendation should not be received before the application.
- The deadline for all application materials including letters of recommendation is February 28, 2020.
- An email notification is sent when the application is received as well as when each letter of recommendation is received. It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that all materials are received on or before the deadline.
- All Biggs Scholars applicants will receive notification not later than March 15, 2020. Successful applicants will have one week to accept the award.