THE E. POWER BIGGS FELLOWSHIP of the Organ Historical Society is awarded to outstanding applicants with a developing interest in the American pipe organ. The intent of the Fellowship is to introduce people to the historic pipe organ through conventions of the Organ Historical Society.
- The Fellowship is for persons who have never attended an OHS convention before.
- Conventioneers in general participate in a full schedule of activities during the convention week and Biggs Fellows in particular are fully scheduled. Biggs Fellows must arrive in time for the opening events and stay through the closing events of the convention. Biggs Fellows are expected to participate in all scheduled activities and to attend special masterclasses during the convention. The next convention will be in Rochester, New York, July 29 — August 3, 2018.
- All Biggs Fellows will share a hotel room with another Biggs Fellow.
- Your application for a Biggs Fellowship and three letters of recommendation are to be submitted online. A link to Letters of Recommendation is above. Letters of recommendation should not be received before the application.
- The deadline for all application materials including letters of recommendation is February 28, 2018. You will receive an email notification when your application is received as well as when each letter of recommendation is received. It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that all materials are received on or before the deadline.
- All Biggs Fellows applicants will receive notification not later than March 15, 2018. Successful applicants will have one week to accept the award.